2015 Email Year in ReviewLinkedIn.
Yesterday, hundreds of retail marketers tuned in to hear Ross Kramer and Aaron Pearson discuss the hottest trends and the biggest lessons learned in 2015 and how you can carry these strategies forward to ensure you meet your 2016 goals.
In case you missed it, you can watch the webinar on demand here:
Here is a quick recap of what was discussed during the webinar on Twitter:
- No. 1 #emailmarketing trend in 2015? MOBILE: One-third of holiday online sales happened on mobile.
- 53% of emails are now opened on mobile devices +15% in 2015. Desktop and webmail decreased 13%
- Digital commerce increased 21% Cyber Monday 2015. Mobile commerce increased 53% & desktop ecomm increased 12%
- Mobile influenced holiday sales – 37% of revenue came from mobile-friendly emails leading to responsive sites
- No. 2 from Listrak: True cross-channel experiences. @RebeccaMinkoff and .@Sephora particularly celebrated.
- No. 3 from Listrak: Progressive enhancement & graceful degradation.
- Progressive enhancement is developing for the least common denominator or least supported inbox – design for Outlook first
- Graceful degradation develops for the most advanced inboxes, forcing less capable inbox users to just deal with it
- Apple inboxes account for 50% of all email opens.
- Make your email buttons bullet-proof so users can see the call-to-action even with images turned off.
- Not surprising but still extremely important for effective #emailmarketing ... No. 4 from Listrak is engaging content.
- 70% of consumers place peer recommendations and reviews above professionally written content
- 86% of millennials say that UGC is generally a good indicator of the quality of a brand or service.
- Listrak, great example where engaging content tells brand story, builds loyalty & acquires customer data for re-targeting!
We had a lot of great questions during the webinar but let us know if you have any additional ones.